Most information is taken from the WV 2022 Running for Office Guide by the WV Secretary of State Mac Warner’s Office
Beginning on Monday, January 10th , 2022 until midnight, Saturday, January 29, 2022, those who plan to run for office in the 2022 Primary Election can file their Certificate of Announcement, pay their fees and file their Candidacy for the Primary Election to be held on May 10, 2022.
Candidates for a Federal Office or State Office will file with the Secretary of State’s Office and Candidates for County Office file at the County Clerk’s office.
The offices that will be open for this election include:
Federal Offices: US House of Representatives (Second District)
State Offices: State Senate (2nd District), House of Delegates (District 8) — State Executive Committee
- County Clerk Circuit Clerk
- County Commissioner (Open Districts of Oak & Beech Precincts 10,17,4,18 and 13, 14, and 9)
- Board of Education 3 Seats (from Open Districts of :Oak, Beech,and Pine)
- Magistrate (Unexpired Term)
- Conservation District Supervisor
- Party Executive Committees