May 19, 2020
Doddridge County Citizens,
Doddridge County Parks & Recreation Commission (DCPRC) would like to recognize the difficulties that each of us face during this time. It is important to recognize we are succeeding and must stay the course as West Virginia takes measured steps toward re-opening.
DCPRC is working with WV DHHR, WV DNR, and DC Board of Health to keep abreast of the official guidelines’ and we appreciate you cooperation and patience as we work through the ever-changing situation. Please take a moment to review the following updates on the state of our parks and programs.
• Open spaces in all parks are open and accessible. Restrooms are open in the Park.
• All playgrounds are open with specific guidelines’ posted. If you plan on using the courts, please only play with those from your household.
• Group gatherings are restricted to 25 people or less.
• Meathouse Fork Disc Golf Course is open for play.
• Effective May 21, 2020 the Lone Pine Campground will be open. IN-STATE RESIDENTS ONLY at this time. Camping sites are in effect and adjusted to the circumstances. Per WV guidelines only registered guests are allowed in the campground. No victors or guests allowed at any time.
• Main Building, Barn, Shelters and Pavilion rentals are being taken for Summer. Maximum occupancy of 25 at any facility will be strictly enforced at this time. If you have a reservation and cannot meet social distancing guidelines will be dispersed.
• Currently, we are not able to make a final determination regarding the opening of the pool for Summer 2020. While we understand many of you look forward to spending the summer days relaxing at the pool, the well-being of our community remains our top priority. If we receive clearance to open, we will balance the cost against the remaining length of season and come to a decision on how to proceed.
• Pool renovation work is scheduled to begin in late August or early September. We are working with engineers and architects to finalize designs. Once the project is awarded work can begin.
• We will continue to provide updates on these issues as information becomes available.
Thank you for understanding. Please know that our rules and regulations are in place to maintain the health and safety of our community. Continue to follow us on social media and check our website, www.doddridgecountypark.com, for updates.
Doddridge County Parks & Recreation Commission