Plans for the week of
June 1st, 2020
With Limited Hours and Services
West Union Library: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 am – 4 pm and Thursday 9 am – 6 pm
Center Point – Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9:30 am – 4 pm and Thursday 12 pm – 6 pm
Limited library services will continue. They include but are not limited to:
1. Patrons may now enter the library to access material and services. The number of people entering will be limited. There will be a system implemented to keep track of the number of people inside. Patrons will be asked to wait outside until it is their turn to enter.
2. A designated hour of service will be established for seniors and members of vulnerable populations: 9 am-10 am
3. Children’s areas will be restricted to one family unit at a time.
4. We will not yet open for late evening and Saturday hours.
5. Patrons may still, and are encouraged to, request contactless material pickup.
6. Wi-Fi will remain unlocked and accessible from outside the library for public use.
7. Patrons may use public access computers on an as-needed and time limited basis, for no more than 1/2 hour. Computers will be assigned to patrons by a staff member to ensure that social distance is maintained in the computer area.
8. Safety and cleaning procedures will be increased and will be maintained throughout the day.
9. Materials must be returned to outdoor book drop ONLY.
10. Library furniture will remain positioned at a six-foot minimum to comply with social distancing guidelines and may be limited.
11. Patron access to the stacks will be limited. Patrons will be encouraged to place browsed items that they do not wish to check out on a cart so that they can be quarantined with returned items. The stacks will be closely monitored to ensure social distancing is being followed and patrons should follow directional arrows.
12. Fines will continue to be waived.
13. Patrons may still request documents to be printed for contactless pick-up in the foyer or designated space in the front of the library.
14. Patrons needing fax or notary service are encouraged to call ahead and make an appointment.
15. Meeting Rooms are still closed.
16. Public Restrooms are closed.
17. Facemasks are encouraged but not mandatory for patrons.
18. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the library, patrons will be encouraged to use often.
19. If patrons are noticeably sick, they may be asked to leave.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time.
Together, we will get through this and be a stronger community because of it.
We want to help in any way we can. Please contact us and let us serve you.
West Union Phone #: 304-873-1941 email: [email protected]
Center Point Phone # 304-782-2461